Google has released a developer preview of Android O, aims to provide better battery life and notifications system.
The new version Android O is coming with a number of new features.
The biggest change in new android version is improving user’s battery life and notification. Other remarkable changes are including wireless headphones with high-quality Bluetooth audio codecs and sony’s LDAC codec. It will help in improving the sound quality with wireless headphones Burke explained in a blog post.
Some other Prominent Features of Android O
- Android O is also introducing picture-in-picture on smartphones. Now the Apps in the new version of android can spawn a floating video feed with custom commands like “Play” and “Pause.”
- Google is also engaging app developers to build “adaptive icons,” which will change their appearance and state depending on what home screen theme the user has opted for.
Here is something more features coming in android that is going to change the user experience of engaging with android smartphones.
- “The new version is also Introducing Multi-display support for starting an activity on a remote display,” which could point to something like a PowerPoint presentation style. The will be a new pop-up window that apps can use instead of the system alert window.
- Introducing new ways to support keyboard navigation, comprising tab button navigation nad especially arrow.
- Assistance for fonts as full Android resources, so they can be used and explained in a more simple way with XML layouts.
- Autofill APIs, which will make it easier for password managers to register themselves as the official autofill app for punching in your oft-entered yet still-sensitive information into other apps.
- “Java 8 APIs and runtime optimizations” and “the new java.time API” is also a part of android O. Google also claims the “Android Runtime,” the code behind the code that runs your apps, will be “faster than ever before, with updating of up to 2x on some application benchmarks.”
- “The thing that lets apps use the Chrome rendering engine to display web content”; know as Webview, is going to work in a more smooth way because apps will have “multiprocess mode” enabled by default and handle crashes themselves.
- “Network Aware Networking,” which should enable Android devices to interact directly with each other over Wi-Fi, even if the network isn’t connected to the internet is also coming in android O.
The Android O Developer Preview is available now. Soon expect to hear further details related to Google’s next operating system.
Apart from above-mentioned features, there are many other features of this new version of android. Google doesn’t decide yet the official name for their newly released version. It’s time to play the unveiled guessing game about the operating system’s name. Last year Google released Android N around the same time before it ultimately revealed the name “Android Nougat” last June.